This outline is meant to be an opening draft to initiate our journey and is flexible for the addition of other aspects as deemed helpful as we move forward. Also, modifications should be expected to be made as new ideas/information presents itself.
- PLAN INTRODUCTION
Family of Parishes (FoP) Overall Mission can be stated by a very brief explanation of where we are currently and how it prompts the absolute renewal that is needed in everything we do in “being Church,” how we need to methodically challenge the assumptions of the past that brought us here and change them using Jesus’ example and the Holy Spirit as our guide.
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him – Col. 3:17”
To assure complete alignment with the Bishop’s vision for the Diocese of Buffalo, all Vicariates and FoP’s are expected to adapt the Principles and Core Behaviors of the diocesan Pastoral Plan, A Light Unto My Path. However, you may choose to further customize these to fit your FoP’s needs by making your own additions.
Diocesan Guiding Principles
- Prioritize our Eucharistic Mission
- Demonstrate True Lay/Clergy Collaboration
- Be Transparent
- Ongoing Synodality
- Create safer environments
- Reach Outside Our Tent: Engage Diverse Populations
- Optimize Resources
- Inspire others
Diocesan Core Behaviors:
- Authenticity: Living what we teach and preach
- Respect: Embracing the dignity of everyone
- Trust: Being trusting and trustworthy
- Transformation: Open to change and innovation
- Compassion: Empathetic and responsive
- Stewardship: Wisely using resources
- Repentance: Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others
FAMILY ACTION PLAN
A Family Action Plan is a 3-year plan containing each year’s Pillar goals, strategies/tactics and measurements.
1. Choose Pillar goals for each year
2. Assign strategy to achieve goals – This refers to choosing the ways in which the goals can be accomplished and measured to ensure we achieve the expected results.
- Goal: Making our Family of Parishes’ Faith Formation Program more vibrant
- Strategy: Offering a wide variety of educational opportunities for all ages
3. Measure Progress
- Always begin by measuring your baseline (current reality)
- Track and document results while applying current strategy and activities
- Create reports and graphs
This section outlines, defines and documents goals/objectives for each of the 6 Pillars of Church life and their sub-functions. These pillar sections and sub-sections should always be constructed and decided upon using not only what is temporally strategic and logical but also, how our activities and innovations and decisions positively impact and enhance people’s experience of God.